The Texas A&M Institute of Data Science (TAMIDS) seeks to hire a student worker with experience in data visualization to assist with various projects.
Data Visualization Trainee
The Texas A&M Institute of Data Science (TAMIDS) is looking for a student worker on data visualization to help with various ongoing data science projects at TAMIDS. Data visualization is the graphical representation of data and it presents the trends, outliers and patterns in the data sets with visual elements like charts, graphs, and maps. Data visualization tools and technologies are essential to analyze massive amounts of information and make data-driven decisions.
- Engage project teams to understand project needs/requirements and provide technical expertise with data visualization tools;
- Collaborate with project leaders and multi-discipline teams to design and develop the visualization components of the data science projects;
- Work with team members to design and build pipelines for data science projects and automate data visualization processes;
- Contribute to technical reports and publications.
We are also looking for an undergraduate student who is
- experienced in data analytics and visualization;
- familiar with data visualization software and script program languages (SQL, Python, R, etc.);
- eager to learn/develop and bring in emerging trends/technology.
Interested students should send email to Dr. Jian Tao, email@example.com, including their resume and
attachments or URLs giving examples of any relevant previous work. Further information concerning
TAMIDS and its Data Science Trainee Program can be found at https://tamids.tamu.edu.